This Page

has been moved to new address

German Attitude Towards Window Screens

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Expat in Germany: German Attitude Towards Window Screens

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

German Attitude Towards Window Screens

The German attitude towards window screens is to not use them.  How do I know this?  Because every night I watch my two cats play with all the moths that make their way into our apartment through the open windows sans screens, live entertainment every night.   I asked J.P. about this and he says window screens aren’t necessary  because there aren't so many bugs in Germany and judging by the number of houses without window screens, I would say he’s not alone in his German attitude.  Judging from all the mosquito bites on my arms and legs though I would beg to differ.   

Yet every night, when I'm getting ready for bed, he says "Close the window, before you turn the light on, so all the bugs don't get in."  Mmmm... this is one part of the German attitude that I don't understand but  it appears to be the general German attitude towards window screens.   Don't let the bed bugs bite takes on new meaning in Germany.   

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At August 25, 2010 at 3:45 AM , Blogger Frau Dietz said...

I SO sympathise with you on this... I am COVERED in bites!!

 
At August 25, 2010 at 7:08 AM , Blogger Expat in Germany said...

Glad it's not just me :)

 
At August 29, 2010 at 10:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as no REALLY big bugs get in...the cats will probably take care of them!

Seriously, the mosquitoes must be kind of a pain though, hey?

 
At August 31, 2010 at 1:09 PM , Anonymous New Orleans Movers said...

That would be so weird not to have window screens. I would hate to have bugs come into the house/apartment, I have enough problems with bugs and I have window screens.

 
At September 5, 2010 at 7:10 AM , Blogger Blissadventures in Europe said...

I can sympathize! I'm always horrified to find Stromy munching on moths in the middle of the floor...but at least he eats them I guess?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home