This Page

has been moved to new address

Castles in Germany: Hohenzollern Castle

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Expat in Germany: Castles in Germany: Hohenzollern Castle

Monday, August 23, 2010

Castles in Germany: Hohenzollern Castle

Taking a break with Hohenzollern Castle in the distance

What better way to see Hohenzollern Castle than hike to it?  And hike we did, over 15km in total.  I've done a lot of hiking, but I've never had a castle as a rest stop and Hohenzollern Castle is beautiful and historic.  We could see it in the distance as we were hiking the Swabian Alps (Schwäbische Alb in German) and it certainly motivated us on this very hot day (28C).
Road less traveled leading to Hohenzollern Castle


View from Hohenzollern Castle










There are much easier ways to get to Hohenzollern Castle, i.e. drive, then take a shuttle bus from the parking lot as most people do.  I'm quite sure the people we went on the tour of Hohenzollern Castle with wished we had done this as well from the disgusted looks on their faces as they tried to move away from us in the cramped corners of the castle.  I can't say I blame them, two sweaty hikers don't exactly smell like roses.  I offer my profuse apologies but in all likelihood will do it again, as hiking to a castle is an experience to be repeated at every opportunity I get.  Fortunately for me, there are a lot of castles in Germany!
More info on Hohenzollern Castle.  (limited tours in English)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At August 23, 2010 at 2:33 PM , Anonymous Günter said...

Hehehe, found you. Nice meeting you at the Metclub brunch!

 
At August 24, 2010 at 5:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, I just found your blog via expat blog. I'm an Aussie girl who's been living in Stuttgart for the past six months. I'm moving to Leipzig later this week, but I've written about lots of the same things you have, while I've been here! You might be interested in some of the many faux pas and discoveries I've made. All the best for your time in Stuttgart, I love this city! xx
Ally

 
At August 24, 2010 at 7:20 AM , Blogger Expat in Germany said...

Hi Gunter, glad you found it. Thanks for checking it out.

Thanks Ally, I'll check out your blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home