This Page

has been moved to new address

Stuttgart Market

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Expat in Germany: Stuttgart Market

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Stuttgart Market

A flower stall at the Stuttgart Market

As I was walking home from German school today, I had a nice surprise.  Konig Street, a pedestrian only street in downtown Stuttgart seemed busier than usual and I soon discovered it was because of the Stuttgart Market.  The Stuttgart Market is held in Schiller Square every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 7:00 am to 1:00pm.  It was love at first sight for me and the Stuttgart Market (although admittedly it is a one-sided relationship).  I haven't been able to buy blueberries for the past few weeks so sadly assumed that blueberry season was over for another year.  I was pleasantly surprised to find blueberries at the Stuttgart Market so I promptly stocked up of course.  I haven't seen fresh peas all summer and there they were also at the Stuttgart Market, so I stocked up on those too. 

So many flowers to choose from at the Stuttgart Market
In addition to seasonal fruits and veggies from local growers, the Stuttgart Market also has handmade goodies - think jams, pickles, etc. along with a wide selection of flowers and flower arrangements at reasonable prices.  I almost bought a small bouquet, but with the unexpected purchase of my blueberries and peas I didn't have any room left.   Fresh flowers will have to wait until Saturday – when I plan to visit the Stuttgart Market again. 

I would highly recommend the Stuttgart Market to tourists as well since it’s a great place to stock up on fresh fruit for outings and to buy some homemade German jam as an authentic souvenir or for gifts for family and friends.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At September 2, 2010 at 4:45 PM , Blogger shufuinjapan said...

I loved the market especially walking around all the flower stalls on Schiller Platz. It makes me a little home sick for Stuttgart!

 
At September 3, 2010 at 10:36 AM , Anonymous ristoranti parigi said...

I also love the sun flowers on the stall.. It's nice to visit there. :)

 
At September 3, 2010 at 9:42 PM , Anonymous Hotmail.com said...

wonderfull flowers!

 
At September 4, 2010 at 10:44 PM , Anonymous Mutuelle said...

Thank you for this post

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home