This Page

has been moved to new address

Elf Yourself - Great for Travelers

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Expat in Germany: Elf Yourself - Great for Travelers

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Elf Yourself - Great for Travelers

Is it just me, or does Christmas seem to sneak up on you when you're away from home?  Living in Germany, where I'm at a German Christmas Market weekly, I have no idea how this is possible, but here it is December 21st and I have yet to send one Christmas card, although I certainly love to receive them.  I was reminded of this yesterday when I received a lovely high spirited Christmas letter from my aunt which I enjoyed over a glass of wine reading about her adventures over the past year.

Of course, I could still send Christmas cards, which wouldn't be received until well into the New Year, but let's be honest, if I haven't send them yet, am I really going to send them?  Probably not.  Of course there are online Christmas cards, which are a good option for travelers, but my favorite is Elf Yourself, in which you upload photos of yourself and/or family members and your face is magically transplanted onto a dancing elf.

Check out the video of J.P. and me using Elf Yourself:  Expat in Germany's Elf Yourself Video. 

What I love about Elf Yourself is that it's free, you will laugh your socks off, it only takes a few minutes and you can send off an e-card with a personal message that is sure to give the recipient a chuckle as well and which children would also love!  Photos can be uploaded from your computer or from Facebook, which is great for travelers not be traveling with a laptop, and you can choose the dance that your new Elf Self will be doing.  Choosing which dance is the hardest part of using Elf Yourself, since they're all funny!  I choose the "singing" option, but there are also the Disco Elf and the Surfing Elf, which are free.  There are also other options available for a nominal fee. 

Have you Elf Yourselfed yet?

Note:  This is not a paid nor sponsored review, I just happen to really like Elf Yourself.

More Christmas Ideas for Travelers:
Online Advent Calendars - Perfect for Travelers 
5 Tips for Going to a German Christmas Market

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At December 22, 2010 at 6:48 AM , Anonymous inka said...

Seems like a really fun idea. Thanks for mentioning this possibility.

 
At December 22, 2010 at 6:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE this. I was giggling for hours as I uploaded pics of my family. I chose the disco theme!

 
At December 24, 2010 at 2:33 AM , Blogger Expat in Germany said...

@ Inka - thanks
@eatlaugloveanon - Glad you enjoyed it, the disco theme was great too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home